The HydraFacial system is considered a safe, quick, and effective skin rejuvenation therapy that can leave your face appearing firmer, younger, and more luminous than before. The only hydradermabrasion of its kind, this non-surgical cosmetic enhancement treatment reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores, and brown spots by combining cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and antioxidant protection.
To learn more about HydraFacial, we encourage you to continue exploring the sections provided below—or simply contact Lifestyle Solutions MedSpa to book a consultation. Led by Dr. Michael Holloway, our skilled aesthetics team can help you determine if this treatment is right for your unique needs and cosmetic goals.
- HydraFacial Benefits
- How HydraFacial Works
- HydraFacial vs. Microdermabrasion
- HydraFacial Side Effects
- HydraFacial Aftercare
- HydraFacial Cost
What Are the Benefits of a HydraFacial?
The HydraFacial treatment is designed to soothe and moisturize the skin in a non-irritating and non-invasive way to provide a healthier, more radiant appearance. Key benefits include its ability to treat:
- Brown spots and damage caused by the sun
- Acne and facial scars
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Oversized and congested pores
- Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Oily skin
As added benefits, the HydraFacial procedure typically requires no downtime, treatment is reported to be entirely painless, and results are often immediately evident. In fact, HydraFacial is even recommended for use on the day of weddings and other large events for more radiant skin.
How Does HydraFacial Work?
Taking a multifaceted approach to improving the overall health and appearance of the skin, HydraFacial uses a combination of anti-aging serums to rejuvenate your skin. These serums include:
- DermaBuilder™: A unique peptide complex that stimulates collagen and elastin proteins in the skin, offering a firmer, younger appearance. This compound helps minimize wrinkles and reduces the appearance of under-eye sagging.
- Glycolic Acid: This is a gentle exfoliator that uses natural components like sugar cane to remove irritants from the surface of the skin and to boost collagen growth.
- Salicylic Acid: This chemical targets the bacterium that causes acne, leaving you with a brighter, clearer complexion.
HydraFacial is most commonly used to enhance the facial skin, but is also available for the neck, chest, and other parts of the body. The entire treatment session usually takes between 20 and 45 minutes, depending on the body part being treated.
Results from HydraFacial are generally noticeable after just one treatment, though several treatment sessions are often recommended for an optimal outcome. Our anti-aging specialists can customize a HydraFacial treatment to your skin conditions and needs.
HydraFacial vs. Dermabrasion
Both microdermabrasion and the HydraFacial are designed to rejuvenate the skin without surgery or invasive techniques. How they achieve this goal, however, differs. In a HydraFacial, the skin absorbs the treatment. In microdermabrasion, a very fine layer of skin cells is abraded away to reveal younger, healthier, and more radiant skin. There is some downtime following microdermabrasion, as well as redness in the treated area. As a result, it is often best to have this procedure several days or weeks before a special event. On the other hand, HydraFacial treatment can typically be performed the day before or even the day of an occasion with no sign of enhancement other than looking beautiful and refreshed.
Are There Any Side Effects of HydraFacial?
Side effects from HydraFacial are not common, though a small minority of patients may experience some slight redness, sensitivity, and/or tightness of the skin in the treatment area(s). Fortunately, these symptoms usually resolve quickly—and any undesired coloration can be easily concealed via makeup.
Is There Any HydraFacial Aftercare Required?
How you care for your skin following a HydraFacial can help to maximize—and potentially even extend—your results. While aftercare instructions will be unique for every individual, we typically recommend patients do the following:
- Abstain from working out for the remainder of the day, as excessive heat and sweat can be overbearing to recently exfoliated skin.
- Avoid using alcohol-based or exfoliating toners right away, as these can result in skin irritation or dryness since the skin was just exfoliated.
- Use gentle cleansers if washing the face later the same day, as harsher products can disrupt the skin barrier.
- Minimize sun exposure for a few days, as the skin will be particularly sensitive to harmful UV rays.
- Refrain from over-using facial products—particularly those containing harsher chemicals—that are designed to treat the same concerns addressed by HydraFacial for several days, as they might irritate the skin.
Of course, these are simply general recommendations and should be taken as such. Specific HydraFacial aftercare advice based on your unique needs, skin concerns, and more can be provided during your consultation at LifeStyle Solutions MedSpa.
How Much Does HydraFacial Cost?
The price of a HydraFacial will depend on the particular ingredients and treatments included in your customized cosmetic program. HydraFacials typically run from about $150 to $300 per session. We will review the details of your treatment plan, including the total cost, at your initial consultation. We believe you should have all the necessary information available to you to make the best possible decision, which includes pricing. If you have any other questions, such as payment or financing options, the consultation is the perfect opportunity to ask them.