Skin Care Tips As You Age
For many of us acne is a major problem during the early post-puberty years. For some however, the frustrating appearance of acne lingers even as wrinkles begin to emerge. This leaves many women wondering how they can be dealing with wrinkles and acne at the same time. While most people are familiar with the most common menopause symptoms including weight gain, hot flashes and mood swings, few realize that the hormone changes of menopause can bring on acne, as well. Luckily, acne that crops up during menopause is usually not severe. You can manage blemishes by pursuing an advanced skin care routine at home. Here are a few tips to help control adult acne outbreaks:
- Wash your face daily with a gentle cleanser. You should do this both morning and night. Be sure to remove all traces of make-up from your face when washing. Follow it up with a light moisturizer.
- Stay away from harsh anti-acne treatments. Older skin is more delicate, and these treatments can damage and irritate your skin.
- Tempting as it is, do not squeeze or pick at pimples. As we age, our skin becomes more vulnerable to scarring.
- Use sunscreen every day and stay out of the bright Ocala sun during peak hours. Sun can damage and irritate your skin, and make you more prone to breaking out. Protecting your skin from the sun is one of the best anti-aging strategies, as well.
- Eliminate heavy, oily cosmetics from your make-up collection. These cosmetics can clog pores and cause blemishes. Concealers and foundation are the usual suspects. Replace these with lighter water-based or mineral cosmetics. Mineral makeup can be purchased throughout Ocala at both drug stores and many high end retailers.
Also, in order to protect your skin remember to stay hydrated! You should drink at least six eight-ounce glasses of water each day.